AUSTRALIAN MASTERS ATHLETICS Inc
New members* can use the Annual Membership form to join SAMA, and existing members* can use this form to renew their membership, which falls due on 1 April each year.
*Membership is open to anyone age 30 or above. There are a number of categories of membership; Full membership, Country membership and Social membership. Discounted membership rates for Full membership apply to Couples and those eligible for Concession, and where a new member (somebody who has not been a financial member for more than 12 months) joins half way through a season, pro-rata rates can be applied for membership. Full details of membership categories and rates are shown on the form.
Download the Annual Membership application / renewal form as a Word document.
The end of our financial year ended on 31 March, which means it’ s time to renew your SAMA membership.
Linley Bowyer and Cherie Rothery were the two winners of the Early Bird prize draw and receive a refund of one year membership fees!
To enter for the Early Bird prize draw, SAMA membership must be renewed by 31 st March each year.
SAMA offers an electronic application/renewal system.
The electronic process is described on the form and is summarised below:
1) Download and open the membership form (above) for banking details
2) Transfer the correct application/renewal fee into SAMA's bank account. Record your name and the receipt number on the form.
3) Complete the membership form after downloading, and email it to the Registrar firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively send the completed membership form with payment by cheque to:
70 Millswood Cres
Tel: (08) 8271 3874
SAMA fees become due 1st April each year. The fee structure is set at the AGM during the year before this due date. The current fees and rates are shown on the membership form.
See the SAMA Uniform page for a details of the club uniform and uniform sales.
To take advantage of the following benefits SAMA members must be currently financial with membership falling due on 1st April each year.
SAMA wishes to thank the following businesses and organisations for their support.
Scout Outdoor Centre & Annapurna Outdoor Store (SAMA Sponsor)
192 Rundle Street, Adelaide, SA 5000
Tel. 08 8223 5544
Matt Lovell (SAMA member)
10% discount on athletics equipment
Fitness on the Park
64 MacKinnon Parade, North Adelaide 5006.
Tel. 8267 1887
Joining fee valuesd at $100 waived on gym membership of 3, 6 or 12 months
Shop 2, 128 Jetty Road, Glenelg.
Tel. 8295 1714
10% off store wide, excludes all sale items.
Arbonne Independent Consultant (Sports Nutrition)
Tel. 0418 890 054
$27 preferred sign up fee waived and receive 20% to 40% discount on all on-line products
Saunders Sports and Spinal
6 Level 3, 12 Gilles Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Tel. 08 8410 5666 | Mobile 0437 166 854
30% discount on initial visit
Other benefits in becoming a SAMA member are:
- Receipt of bi-monthly SAMA magazines
- Able to compete in SAMA championship events with age graded winners and medallions
- Able to compete in National and International Masters athletics competitions
- Able to compete in Bay Sheffield SAMA events
- Member monthly prizes at winter meets (non members and non financial members can compete but cannot receive prizes)
- Reduced winter weekly competition fees ( a small competition fee is charged during winter to cover costs including prizes)
- voting rights at the AGM and other special meetings