SETTING RECORDS: REQUIREMENTS AND
State age group
for SAG Records are as follows:
- Running and walking races must be scratch events.
- For non track events courses must be accurately measured.
- One watch is sufficient for a SAG record. However, any strange looking results should be verified.
- For length measurements in jumps and throws an official must verify the distance.
- Long and Triple Jumps must have a take off board judge.
- For events 2km and over the correct number of laps must be verified.
- Normally records are not accepted from Regional Masters Games.
- Walks must be judged and the competitor verified as not disqualified.
for National Records are the same as for SAG records except as follows:
much paperwork as possible should be collected to support a record application.
- Electronic timing for up to the 200m.
A copy of the photo finish print must be submitted.
watches for distances above 200m if electronic timing is not available.
minimum of 3 competitors.
readings for sprints (200m or less), long jump and triple jump.
throws, implements are required to be measured for weight and length. These
measurements are to be certified by an appropriate technical officer.
measurements for jumps and throws must be validated with a steel tape. Two
people must verify the distance.
must have a take off board judge (preferably plasticine).
record sheets are required for events 2km and over. No more than 4
runners (or 6 walkers) per lap-scorer.
must be judged by a minimum of 4 judges (1 at A grade)
and the competitor verified as not disqualified.
times are rounded up to 1/10th second.
times are rounded up to 1 second.
and TJ are rounded down to 1 centimetre.
maximum variation in distance for a road circuit is 0.1% (i.e. 10m in 10km).
for World records are the same as National records with the additional need
copy of the applicants’ birth certificate or passport front page.
6 walk judges (minimum of 4 including 1 at A grade).
verification of course distance.
confirmation that all statements are correct.
- Complete race results.
set at WMA meetings do not require a form to be submitted.